Monday, November 27, 2006

I didn't even say anything this time and it was still a disaster

Yesterday I was sitting on my couch with my laptop, trying to type up a blog post. What was I going to write about? I really hadn't said anything awkward to a girl in a while. Some of my relatives said some awkward things, but that just didn't feel the same. I had an old thing that I might post on Thursday, but I kind of want Monday blog posts to be new awkward things.

Oh well. It was time to go play football with my friends up on Leigh Street. I closed my laptop, put my shoes on, and headed out to the car.

It was an incredible day outside, but I felt like I wanted to put on a track jacket, to, you know, protest global warming I guess. I had one in my trunk. I unlocked the trunk and opened it, then pulled out the jacket. As I looked up, I noticed a cute girl walking towards me on the sidewalk on the other side of the street.

Oh my goodness, I thought. Is she looking at me? Seriously, she just looked again!

So then I set down my car keys and put on the jacket. I brushed my hair out of my eyes cinematically and then looked over. Oh man, she was totally checking me out. Awesome. I closed the trunk.

On my keys. My keys were in my trunk. See, this is why I'll never run out of awkward things to write about.

No comments: